Proven and practical solutions tailored to manage risk, assure compliance, and improve Health & Safety performance.
Our Security, Health & Safety Services include:
- H&S Management Systems - OHSAS 18001
- OSHA Audits and Compliance
- Indoor Air Quality / Worker Exposure (Cr6+, Organics, Metals, Silica)
- MSDS Preparation & e-Database Management
- Process Safety Management
- Workplace Hazard Assessment
- Air Modeling for Toxic & Hazardous Chemical Releases
- Employee Training & e-Courses
- Safety Procedures Development
- Comprehensive Industrial Hygiene Services
- Ventilation Studies & Troubleshooting
- Noise Exposure
- Litigation - Expert Testimony
- Emergency Response Plans
- Risk Management Plans
KERAMIDA's Near Miss E-Training Course
KERAMIDA is pleased to offer an online interactive training module for educating the workforce and promoting safety through near miss reporting. If you would like to get safety off the ground at your facility by training in near miss reporting please let us know, we are standing by to assist you in your ongoing health and safety efforts.
KERAMIDA and FS&D, two of the most respected names in the foundry industry, have partnered to provide the full range of services to assist our clients in compliance with the new OSHA Silica Regulations, as well as other Environmental, Health, Safety and Security Regulations.
KERAMIDA and FS&D can assist with the following Respirable Silica Reduction Program:
- Assembling and Documenting the Exposure Control Plan
- Exposure Studies and Mapping
- Evaluation of Existing Processes and Practices (Foundry Audit) to Determine Source and Work Practice Reduction Opportunities
- Reassess Respirable Silica Exposure Levels
- Investigate and Recommend Ventilation / Air Pollution Control Improvements
- Assistance with Process Control Improvement Implementation and Related Services
Indoor Air Quality Monitoring:
KERAMIDA has performed indoor air quality monitoring for all types of hazards. Our professionals have expertise in, and routinely perform, the following evaluations:
Single-chemical exposure determinations for chemical substances such as formaldehyde and asbestos, which are subject to a specific OSHA standard.
Evaluation of multiple chemical exposures, such as paint vapors and welding fumes.
Evaluation of indoor air quality for biological irritants (molds and fungi) and comfort factors (temperature, humidity, carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide concentrations).
Monitoring in foundries and similar environments to evaluate exposures to hazardous particulates, such as crystalline silica and asbestos. The measurements evaluated total dust exposure and respirable particulate fractions.
Evaluations of employee exposures as 8-hour Time Weighted Averages, 15-minute Short Term Exposure Limits, and instantaneous area samples.
Our professionals have extensive experience in evaluating employee noise exposures in industrial settings for compliance with OSHA's Occupational Noise Exposure standard (1910.95). This includes evaluating employee exposures to all continuous, intermittent and impulsive sound levels from 80 dB to 130 dB on an A-weighted decibel scale.
KERAMIDA has conducted numerous OSHA compliance audits for clients, as well as compliance evaluations with regard to specific OSHA standards. These include toxic and hazardous substances, hazard communication, confined space entry, and hazardous waste site operations.
Material Safety Data Sheet Preparation:
KERAMIDA has designed and prepared material safety data sheets (MSDS) for chemical manufacturers, who are subject to all of 1910.1200(b). The MSDS prepared by our professionals follow the format recommended by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), which enables manufacturers to include information required under both U.S. and international laws, and allows the incorporation of EPA environmental data sheet information, if desired.
Emergency Response Plans
We have created Emergency Response Plans for power plants, manufacturing facilities, distribution centers, and utilities, worldwide. Our Emergency Response Plan Services include:
Comprehensive plans to address all significant emergencies with the potential of impacting worker safety.
Regulatory required Risk Management Plans to protect worker safety, public health, and the environment.
Written OSHA Program Preparation:
Our professionals have prepared written health and safety programs for many clients, ranging from heavy manufacturing facilities to business environments.
Health and Safety Programs (HSP) Development:
Our professionals have developed, and implemented, the following programs for various industrial clients:
- Accident Investigation
- Below the Hook
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Chemical Approval Program
- Coke Oven Emissions Program
- Confined Space Entry
- Contractors - Hiring and Certificates of Insurance
- Danger & Warning Tag Program
- Drug Free Workplace
- Employee Access to Records
- Employee Alarm Systems
- Employee Emergency & Disaster Preparedness Procedures
- Employee Wellness
- Fall Protection Program
- Fire Prevention - Extinguishers & Sprinklers
- First Aid & Medical Treatment
- Powered Industrial Trucks Program (Forklifts)
- Formaldehyde Safety
- Hazard Communication
- Hearing Conservation
- Heavy Mobile Equipment
- High Voltage - Electrical
- Hot Work - Cutting, Welding, Brazing
- Industrial Hygiene Guidelines
- Ionizing Radiation Safety
- Job Safety Analysis
- Lead Safety
- Program for the Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout)
- Low Voltage - Electrical
- Machine Guarding
- Non-Ionizing Radiation Safety
- OSHA Inspection Protocol
- Overhead Material Handling - Cranes, Monorails, etc.
- Personal Protective Equipment Program (PPE)
- Property and Vehicle Loss Control
- Punch Presses
- Respiratory Protection
- Return to Work
- Safety Inspections
- Safety Orientation Training & Job Transfer
- Safety Training Guidelines
- Vehicle Loss Control
- Workers' Compensation Loss Control Program
- Workplace Violence
Process Safety Management:
KERAMIDA has provided expertise to clients subject to OSHA's Process Safety Management standard. This standard requires a team of experts from various fields to assemble process information and perform a hazard analysis of each covered process operated at a facility. KERAMIDA's highly experienced industrial hygienists, engineers and toxicologist have worked closely with plant personnel to complete both steps of this process and enhance process safety for clients who handle highly hazardous chemicals.