Our sustainability consulting services help public and private sector clients ensure long-term value in their sustainable development achievements.
Sustainability & ESG Leader
KERAMIDA is a powerhouse of ESG program development, reporting and training with over 20 years of excellence in the Environmental, Health and Safety services sector.
We are a sustainability consulting firm with a talented team of analysts, designers, planners, writers, educators, scientists and engineers who are dedicated to solving our clients' most challenging ESG needs.
We have partnered with GRI, CDP, SASB, and STAR Communities to better serve our clients' needs with ESG services that incorporate the leading reporting standards. Our unique, strategic and whole-systems approach to ESG and sustainability involves deep knowledge of compliance, best practices and management systems, along with manufacturing operations and business strategies, which we combine to form the technical foundation from which our professionals provide high quality ESG development and sustainability / ESG training services.
ESG consulting and sustainability services for industry, businesses, and cities in the U.S. and abroad:
- ESG Assessment, Planning & Reporting
GreenStep™ Model *
- Sustainability Strategy, Planning, Metrics, and KPIs
* KERAMIDA’s proprietary ESG-Sustainability management methods.
KERAMIDA's ESG consultants equip individuals and corporations with the ability to:
Develop industry-appropriate standards and indicators for their facilities
Drive outcomes toward process efficiency, continual improvement, risk reduction and value creation
Harmonize top-down and bottom-up CSR and EHS priorities
Institutionalize the means for cultivating financial, natural, and human capital toward a corporation's financially desirable state of ecological balance, social equity, and financial strength
ESG Management - KERAMIDA’s Proprietary Methods
KERAMIDA's Proprietary ESG Assessment & Implementation Model - building the ESG Sustainability business case to reduce costs and corporate risk, and improve market positioning of corporations and cities.
Based on Metrics and KPIs for Compliance and Best Management Practices, GreenStep™ is the first model to build the business case for CEOs and investors.
KERAMIDA’s GreenStep™ approach:
- Maximizes the benefits of satisfying your EHS compliance requirements
- Maximizes the cost savings from using Best Management Practices
- Maximizes the performance of your Continual Improvement Management Systems
- Provides you with materials to communicate your company’s resilience and sustainability to employees, investors, and your community
For our Industry clients, GreenStep™ blends top management's strategic interests with the operational interests of the managers who are responsible for the day to day supervision of EHS. GreenStep™ guides you through the challenges encountered on the plant floor while satisfying the increasing demand for leading indicators of company health.
Contact us today to learn how our GreenStep™ suite of services can help you go from good intentions to great results.
FastTrack® is KERAMIDA's proprietary ESG & Sustainability Management System Program, based on an ISO platform.
Learn more ›
A powerful tool for building a stronger sustainability strategy.
KERAMIDA provides expertise on sustainability planning and policy development for sustainability programs through an audit of the efficiency and efficacy of the policies and practices employed.
When conducting a comprehensive sustainability audit, our experts will:
- Review the sustainability policy and assess the reasonableness and comprehensiveness of the policy.
- Evaluate the extent to which the policy is likely to help ensure that program operates in a sustainable manner.
- Recommend ways the policy could be strengthened to further the goal of operating sustainably.
- Consider the metrics the program is currently collecting in order to monitor compliance with its sustainability policy.
- Determine whether those metrics are the most appropriate option for measuring each objective of the policy. If the program’s current metrics are insufficient, we recommend more appropriate metrics.
- Assess the program’s process for developing thresholds and targets for its sustainability metrics.
- Evaluate whether the program is making sufficient progress toward setting a sustainability baseline.
Sustainability Reporting Training
Stakeholders of all types, including customers, employees, and investors, are increasingly demanding not only better sustainability performance, but also increased transparency on sustainability topics. KERAMIDA provides training in the leading disclosure frameworks to help our clients communicate their sustainability stories to their stakeholders. Sustainability reporting adds value to the bottom line in many ways, such as increasing market share and driving cost-effective sustainability investments.
We offer expert-led training courses in three prevailing Sustainability Reporting methods:
- One-day certified-content training course on the CDP climate change disclosure (Carbon Disclosure Project)
- Two-day, and One-day certified-content training course on the GRI Standards (Global Reporting Initiative)
- One-day training course in the sector-specific, investor-facing SASB Standards (Sustainability Accounting Standards Board)
CDP Silver Climate Change Education and Training Partner in U.S.A. - one of only three companies in the U.S. certified to provide you with the training you need to correctly and effectively respond to the 2018 CDP Climate Change Questionnaire.
GRI Certified Training Partner - one of only seven certified companies in the U.S. to bring you training on how to effectively report on sustainability using the GRI framework.
Our SASB course is taught by Pamela Griesemer, VP of Sustainability Services, who is among the first cohort of sustainability professionals to earn SASB’s FSA Level II Credential.
KERAMIDA Professionals have worked on creating, implementing, auditing, and improving ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems for over two decades.
Why should you consider Sustainability Reporting?
- Bloomberg terminals feature CDP data and get over 700 million hits per month.
- GRI Standards provide a common language for the non-financial reporting for all users of GRI reports who demand quality and consistency.
- SASB Standards provide guidance on industry-specific disclosure topics which matter most to investors.
Contact us today for more information on upcoming training sessions, including scheduling and pricing information.
Upcoming Sustainability Reporting Training:
KERAMIDA's leadership has pioneered Sustainability in all fronts, including:
- The development of a strategic growth plan for a major European industrial group to address the cost implications of the EU greenhouse gases legislation.
- The performance of a major study for the U.S. Department of Energy on reduction of greenhouse emissions and energy use by heavy manufacturing.
- The assessment of green power production by waste products for a major car manufacturer with zero landfill goal.
Thousands of Compliance and Best Management Practices Audits/Assessments of manufacturing plants in the U.S. and around the world.
- The development and implementation of the Sustainable Public Works Program for Capital Assets for the City of Indianapolis - a first, in the USA.
The first Reuse Plan and Design of a Superfund Site for a comprehensive, Multi-Purpose Development - a first, nationally.
- The subject was also co-taught by Dr. Keramida at Purdue University's Civil Engineering Senior Design Class (Spring 2016 semester) leading the students to produce a cutting-edge design for a comprehensive and creative for-profit development of a Superfund site - a first among engineering schools for senior design.
- Developed the Environmental and Sustainability components for a major Private Public Partnership (P3) Development Project and drafted the Environmental/Sustainability provisions of the Lenders' Technical Advisor (LTA) Report.
Please contact us for complete list of our Sustainability & ESG projects.
Nation's Leading Advocate in Revitalization of Contaminated Properties
- KERAMIDA is the nation's leading advocate in the revitalization of contaminated properties - KERAMIDA's engineers were the first in the country to promote and study reuse of contaminated properties in the 1980's, and have led the way ever since.
- On behalf of client cities, KERAMIDA conceived, planned and implemented "Innovative Developers Tours" of abandoned and contaminated properties with a focus on revitalization and economic development.
Sustainable / Green Manufacturing Research Pioneer
KERAMIDA privatized a U.S. Department of Defense green manufacturing initiative in 2000, and co-founded and co-directed Technikon LLC, a research, development, and technology validation company in Sacramento, California, to carry out DOD's initiative of emissions, waste and energy reduction through materials substitution and process innovations.
Technikon's work for DOD's Casting Emissions Reduction Program (CERP) resulted in over 60% reduction in emissions and energy use, which were applicable across the entire $25 billion US casting industry. Technikon's CERP research successes were presented in many publications, including D. Gottlieb's "Environmental Technology Resources Handbook", CRC, 2003, and "Information Systems and the Environment" book by the National Academy of Engineering, 2001. Technikon's work included renewable energy technologies validation.
Technikon LLC was transformed into a nonprofit organization in 2012.
Global GRI Conference, Amsterdam, Holland, May 18-20, 2016
Four representatives of KERAMIDA's Sustainability group of experts participated in the biennial 3-day Global GRI Conference in Amsterdam, where discussions on the global state of ESG-Sustainability reporting were held. The Conference was attended by 1,200 sustainability professionals from 72 countries.
In 2015, KERAMIDA created ECO Crossroads, a not-for-profit sustainable initiative which focuses on:
Sustainable Industry - with a Best Management Practices Focus.
Sustainable Development - with a Walkable Community Focus.
Urban Renewal - with a Brownfield focus.
Profitable Urban Farming - with an Ag/Brownfield Focus.
Healthy Living - with an Educational Focus.
Food Security - with an Ag/Compliance Focus.
Training - Provided by ECO Crossroads Institute.
Visit www.ecocrossroads.org to learn how ECO Crossroads can help your business profit from green initiatives.