KERAMIDA's Sacramento and L.A. offices provide specialized stormwater compliance and permitting services for California wineries.
Stormwater Compliance for the Winery Industry
California Industrial General Permit Overview
When it rains, the federal Clean Water Act states that the stormwater leaving your property is an industrial discharge. Pollution sources from your stormwater can include shipping and receiving areas, process equipment, material handling and storage areas, maintenance activities, and chemical storage areas.
The California Industrial General Permit (IGP) regulates stormwater discharges from industrial facilities based on Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Codes. As a result, stormwater discharges from wineries are regulated by the IGP, as they fall under SIC code 2084. Accordingly, wineries are required to have an industrial stormwater permit, file a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), test stormwater for pollutants, establish stormwater Best Management Practices, and comply with a myriad of reports.
KERAMIDA's Stormwater Compliance and Permitting Services for California Wineries:
- One-hour FREE seminar discussing IGP topics and requirements
- Assistance with filing for coverage or termination with the State Water Quality Control Board (SWQCB)
- Site assessments and evaluations
- Preparing Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs) and Site Maps
- Filing Ad Hoc reports on the SWQCB’s Storm Water Multiple Application and Report Tracking System (SMARTS)
- Annual Comprehensive Facility Compliance Evaluations (ACFCEs) and Annual Reports
- Filing Level 1 or Level 2 reports if applicable
- General regulatory assistance as needed
Free IGP Seminar for Wine Industry Professionals
To register, please call KERAMIDA's Sacramento office today at (916) 928-6169 ext 229, or fill out the form below and one of our stormwater compliance experts will contact you.
California Environmental Regulations Expertise
Our California stormwater consultants are highly qualified, with decades of compliance and permitting experience.
Additional Services for California Wineries:
ISO Management Systems for Wineries
ISO 14001 - Environmental Management Systems
ISO 45001 - Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
ISO 14001 Management Systems provide wineries with a systematic approach to reduce the environmental impacts of their operations. ISO 45001 Management Systems help wineries by enabling them to provide safe and healthy workplaces by preventing work-related injury and illnesses.
Learn more about the benefits of ISO Management Systems ›