All of the cases in which Dr. Vicky Keramida, Ph.D. has been involved as an expert have either been won at trial (and reaffirmed by the Appellate Court, when appealed) or settled favorably of behalf of KERAMIDA's clients.
KERAMIDA's professionals have served as expert witnesses in hundreds of cases during the last 25 years.
Our experts have also been retained by law firms, insurance companies and financial institutions in hundreds of cases to review the quality and reasonableness of information generated by other consultants, and to judge the appropriateness of their conclusions and recommendations. KERAMIDA is also frequently referred by law firms to provide technical services to clients with challenging environmental problems.
Examples of Cases
- Steve E. Schmitt, et al. v. Whirlpool Corporation, et al.
- Bowens et al. v. 7-Eleven, Inc., et al.
- Blue River Services, Inc. v. Texaco, Inc., et al.
- Hightshue v. Roberts Pipeline Construction Company, Inc.
- Mears v. Alt Witzig
- Indiana Gas et al v. Aetna Casualty, et al.
- Hydro Conduit Corp. v. Overnite Transportation Co.
- Meyer v. Shell, et al.
- NRC Corp. v. Amoco
- Blue Lake v. Chrysler
- Hoosier Limited Partnership v. State of Indiana, Sunoco (R&M), Hahn Oil Co., et al.
- Sara Lee v. Prudential Insurance Co.
KERAMIDA's Expert Witness Team
Vasiliki (Vicky) Keramida, Ph.D.
CEO and Chief Technical Officer
Experience: 31 yrs.
Dr. Keramida has been retained by law firms and financial institutions in hundreds of cases since 1989 to provide technical review and expert testimony in complex environmental disputes.
All of the cases in which Dr. Keramida has been involved as an expert have been either won at trial (and reaffirmed by the Appellate Court, when appealed) or settled favorably on behalf of KERAMIDA's clients.
Jim Schifo, P.E., ISO Auditor
Vice President, Greenhouse Gases, Air & Energy
Experience: 36 yrs.
Vice President, Industrial Services
Experience: 24 yrs.
Dr. Vicky Keramida's Expert Witness Experience:
- Retained by law firms representing insurance companies to provide technical review and expert testimony in numerous cases involving insurance coverage of contaminated properties. Several cases were settled favorably after written expert opinion was submitted.
Health and Safety
Expert witness in litigation involving the exposure of a worker to a release of mercaptans. KERAMIDA provided an assessment of the appropriateness of the standard of practice of disassembling chemical storage tanks, the dispersion of the compounds through air modeling, and the health effects of the compounds. The case was won in a trial by jury.
Retained by a law firm representing a foundry to provide technical assistance and expert testimony in a case where it was alleged that the foundry contaminated the soils of surrounding properties with lead from its air emissions.