Air Permitting Services for ACBL/Jeffboat
American Commercial Barge Line (ACBL) began in 1915 as a coal moving business on the Kentucky River and has grown, over the years, into one of the largest and most diversified marine transportation and manufacturing companies in the country.
Jeffboat LLC is the nation's largest inland shipyard. Located on the bank of the Ohio River in Jeffersonville, Indiana it is the longest continually operated shipyard in the U.S. and has been building the highest-quality, longest-lasting vessels on the water for over 180 years.
KERAMIDA assisted American Commercial Barge Line (ACBL) on several air emission inventories and permit applications for Part 70 Operating Permit modifications and renewals for Jeffboat LLC (Jeffboat).
Currently, KERAMIDA is assisting ACBL/Jeffboat with a modification to add portable membrane enclosures on a portion of the outdoor painting operations and renewing the current Part 70 permit.
KERAMIDA's air permitting services for ACBL/Jeffboat included:
- updating the emission inventory for the entire facility
- preparation of permit application forms required by IDEM
- regulatory applicability determinations
- reviewing draft permit documents and providing strategic advice and comments on the draft documents
- interfacing with the regulatory agencies in order to ensure the permits were reviewed on a timely basis and permit conditions were appropriately established